Call for workshop and short course proposals
The organising committee of the 20th International Sedimentological Congress (ISC), 2018, Quebec-City, invites you to submit a proposal for a workshop or a short course.
Ideally, topics should be interdisciplinary addressing timely scientific issues, new insights, ideas and concepts or the introduction of newly established methodologies and respective infrastructures thereby being relevant for the distribution of knowledge to stimulate research in sedimentology and sedimentary geology.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to, experimental sedimentology, experimental diagenesis, microporosity and shales, modern depositional systems under climate change, image analysis, geochemical proxies, determination of rock properties, and interactive petrography.
In Quebec-City, there are four laboratories available which might be of use:
• The Environmental Hydraulics Laboratory at INRS
• The ITRAX™ Core scanner at INRS for the non-destructive determination of rock-properties
• The Interactive Petrography Lab at Laval University
• The multidisciplinary laboratory of ct-scan for non-medical use
It is suggested to design workshops and short courses either for 3 hours or an entire day (9-12 am, 1-4 pm). The organising committee provides logistical support (rooms, catering) and takes care of technical assistance if required.
Application process: Please provide information about
• Title of workshop or short course
• Lead applicant, co-applicant(s)
• Academic rationale for support (see above)
• Proposed outcomes from the workshop or short course
• Targeted participants, minimum and maximum number of participants
• Estimated fees (each workshop must be self-supporting)
• Preferred scheduling (pre- or post conference, half or full day)
• Special requirements (specific labs, technical assistance)
Please send your proposal to email@example.com by September 5 th, 2017.
*Due to temporary technical issues, you may receive a delivery error message. If it is the case, please resent your message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize for the inconvenient.